How the Bible Came to Be is an Ebook short (about 60 pages) from The Baker Illustrated Bible Handbook. It is available free today only (May 25). The link I am including is only good for the United States.
Here is a list of the subjects covered.
- Production and Shaping of the Old Testament Canon
- Writing, Copying, and Transmitting the New Testament Text
- The Canon of the New Testament
- The Dead Sea Scrolls
- The Septuagint
- Bible Translation and the English Bible
- Translations for the World
Use this link.
HT: Brooks Cochran